Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm not Good Enough............

Many times I have heard people say "I am not good enough." I have also heard people say this in regards to their ability to share Christ with others, or lead a bible study, or do something that has to do with their faith in Christ. They don't feel like they know enough about the bible or know what to say.

Matthew 25:36 says......... I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me

Can any of you do any of these things? It doesn't take an expert to take care of the needy! If being good enough was the qualification for obeying Christ and fulfilling the great commission, not a single person would have ever been told! None of us our good enough! But guess what?! We don't have to be! God sent us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us! To work through us! (Acts 1:8)

Are you available? Are your eyes opened wide enough to see the needy, or do you have tunnel vision because your too busy with life to notice your neighbor has needs? Don't lie to yourself and wait until you are ready, more educated, or good enough to do Christ's work! It's an obedience thing, not an education thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment